Sunday, June 13, 2010

Reflections of an ESL Teacher...

Ok, this blog title is not exactly accurate; I am not currently teaching ESL. In the fall I will begin my first year of teaching as a fourth grade teacher! I am very excited/nervous. I am, however, working towards my Master's in ESL teaching. I already have a teaching degree in Elementary and Special Education, but always knew that I wanted to get my Master's in Education as well. Throughout my student teaching and clinical experiences in college, I started to realize that my ESL students were always my favorite! I was drawn to them, and I loved getting to work with them and see the progress that they made. In addition, I desperately want to go overseas at some point in my life to teach. I would love to do mission work and teach in Africa someday! So getting enrolled in a Master's program revolved around ESL teaching was perfect for me. I have now completed one semester of this program, and it's been great. All that to say, I do not really have any reflections as an ESL teacher, but am excited to see what the future holds for my ESL teaching career!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jill

    My favorite grade of all was 4th when I was still in a classroom. For some reason that age is so interesting and still very open to learning. Have you had any interactions with ESL students at your school?

    ReplyDelete